Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cut the Rope


Last night, as I was browsing through my news feeds in my Facebook (this is how I lure myself to sleep, by the way) I was kinda irked with all the "Napoles Surrender" thing, so I went to my profile instead. I read somewhere that looking at other people's "happy" pictures in Facebook could cause depression. Well, in my case, it was some people's posts/ statuses... jumping in the bandwagon, if you ask me. I was not depressed by it, just plain annoyed.

So what did the article say to avoid this? Read your own profile. So I did.

As I was scrolling down my timeline, I clicked the year 2009. Just curious of what my 24 year old self had to say. Well, for one thing, I was nursing a broken heart then? Too many 'patama' quotes and loads full of bitterness. Hah. Then it dawned on me, that was 4 years ago and yet still seems fresh to me.

Like Sewang kept telling me, I was like a kite before (or as she likes to say, "taguri" which means kite in Tausug.) I was not totally set free by my past relationship. I just hovered, and when someone new comes along, that 'previous owner' would pull me back. As if that person does not want me to be happy. When I think about it, it was unfair on many levels, but I let it happen.

Right now, I can say that I have moved on (I can say this and actually believe it.)

Two nights ago, I sent her the link of the poem I made for her (click here.)

She said it was nice, and was even surprised to know that it was for her.

I guess that's my way of having closure? To tie up loose strings? Rather, to finally cut the nylon string for good...and just let the wind take me anywhere it pleases to.

Here I go again. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment