Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Vicious Cycle

I just got back from my hometown, Zamboanga City. I went home last Friday with Mommie to celebrate Hariraya with my family. It was a surprise, and indeed they were. It felt amazing to be welcomed in such a way. Most of my family were there- my titos, titas and cousins from my Mom's side.



It always feels this way. Whenever I go home, for 5 days at the most, I feel like I don't want to go back to Manila anymore. I just want to stay with my family for good. It makes me think whether my independence is really a hindrance to my true happiness.

It will be my 2nd year of Independence on September 11, 2013.  That fateful day that I decided to step out of my comfort zone, to face the unknown, to check whether the grass is greener on the other side. Sadly though, I found out that there is no grass on the other side, only oceans of concrete. Dead, arid, scourching. A concrete jungle where survival of the fittest is the understatement of the year. You either be the bully or be bullied til your guts come out.

I guess this is the time to reassess things. To take action, whatever action needed to steer my sails to the right direction. More importantly, to catch wind is enough, I think.

I pray that the Big Man Upstairs will enlighten me... the sooner, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment