Friday, August 2, 2013

Passing Time, literally!

It's 6:41 p.m. on my desktop's clock. Still a few more minutes before we get to tap our IDs at the chrono machine located at the Reception of 9th floor. Just a few more hours, and here comes the most loved day of the Week, Friday.



I really don't have a topic in mind. I just want to write something, anything.

The week has been OK for me. Not too stressful, but not too relaxed either. Mommie was here last Tuesday, and flew back to Pagadian City this morning. She left the hotel at 4 a.m. where we stayed for two nights. Me, well, I slept in till around 6:30 when my cell phone rang and it was my Mom, alright. She wanted to make sure I would not be late for work.

She's my alarm clock everyday. Her being the most time-conscious person I know. The type who'd go to the airport 3 or even 4 hours before boarding time. Who does not want to be late in engagements, unless there's a really big emergency. I wish I had her "time-conscious" gene though. Especially now that I have a bad record with my present company. I was suspended for 10 days because of my tardiness (but that topic deserves a whole article for itself.) It was even an advantage on my part because I got to go home for Christmas Break earlier, the only crappy part was I didn't receive my salary for that ten days. Bummer.

I am trying to change that though. For the last 2 DTRs (daily time record) for the month of July, I had perfect attendance and guess what, no more lates! How I wish I could keep that up...but the question really is, until when?


6:59. Everyone around me seems so busy with their work, while here I am typing away and passing the time! Ha ha. Hmm... Nevertheless, I think I did alright for today. I was able to cross out most items on my To-do List.

Well, tomorrow's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment