Monday, November 3, 2014

My Top 10 Facebook Pet Peeves

Source



As defined by Mr. Google, a pet-peeve is something that a particular person finds especially annoying. Due to my current state of hibernation, I am almost online 24 hours a day- playing Criminal Case, downloading movies, researching how tos, trying to make my day as productive as I can (making the most of it, at least) - all these while Facebook-ing.

It has come to my attention (and dismay) that social media has indeed changed how people perceive one another- from our closest friends to strangers whom you met somewhere between the clicks and likes within and beyond the vastness of the world wide web.


Here are just some of the fist-clenching, teeth-gritting stuff that annoy the crap out of me that makes my index finger unconsciously hit the 'unfollow' button:

1. Wrong Spelling and Poor Grammar

C'mon people! Google is free! Google is your friend! If you aren't sure of the spelling of a word (let alone its meaning,) research it first. Heck, I do it all the time. Once is acceptable, you'd think it's just a typo... twice, thrice, but all your freakin' posts? My 4 year-old nephew can spell better than you, a middle-aged person! I don't mind the big words, it's the simple words that make me want to throw my cellphone on the floor, or to your face, whichever is harder. Don't forget to add -d or -ed! They are invented for a reason! And by the way, IRREGARDLESS is not a word!

Don't get me started with your poor grammar. OMYGUDNES! I understand, English is not our first language. But that is not an excuse since you have been learning to read and write it since the first grade. Better yet, if you've been struggling with it, use your own dialect! That will even give more emphasis to what you're trying to say. I am no English Major, but please spare us from having migraines from reading your ill-composed status updates.

2. Rants Galore

I admit, I have let loose some cannons here and there. And posting a status about how shitty your day went or how stupid your boss can get kinda makes you feel a lot better, especially when others empathize. It's like shouting at the top of your lungs, only in, err, writing typing. But some people, they just like to whine about anything and everything...all the time! I mean, like, just shut the f*** up! If you don't want something, change it (or write a blog, DUH!) Nobody really cares after all...really, nobody.

3. Political Opinions

I've always hated politics, that and them corrupt politicians. I even slept thru my Political Science class in college. I don't like it. I don't care about it. And definitely I won't care what you think of it. Kapish?

4. Self-pity 

There's this one guy who constantly belittles himself on fb. I don't know if it's low self-esteem, or it's just his way of "reverse psychology." Dude, chill out. There's nothing wrong with your face, or your body...at least that's what I see in your half-naked selfies you keep posting. Ugh, did I just say that?

5.  Too Much Selfie

Speaking of selfies, aren't we all a little bit guilty of this? Posting a couple or three photos of yourself every two weeks is fine (at most), but everyday? Your face is literally plastered on my wall for who knows until when. I know we're friends and all, but you don't need to remind me of how you look like every two minutes. And keep your OOTDS in Instagram, thank you very much. And oh,  that pout of yours ain't too pretty to look at either.

6. GGSS

Too much narcissism can kill you, or turn you into a stone...or can make me throw a stone at you. Unlike the dude in item #3, this type of fb friend is oozing with confidence in all the wrong places. Could you at least wait until someone actually compliments you that you are beautiful/handsome?
Yes? No?

7. Marathon, Triathlon, Decathlon

I get it. You're an athlete now. Who knows how many mileage you already gained. I'm proud of you and all, but seeing all your running pics make me the more exhausted. I'm a bum, so sue me.

8. Real-time Update of Your Baby's Milestones (...sssss)

Don't get me wrong, I love babies. They're cute. They're adorable. But having a blow-by-blow account of your baby's first burp, first sound, first wink. SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!!! You might as well post when your sperm cell and egg cell met and we'd all be shitting ourselves mad.

9. Liking/Commenting (first) OWN Status

Pathetic. Just plain pathetic.

10. Pseudo- Humility

Okay, I just made that word up. Have you ever encountered someone who keeps downplaying their success or achievements especially when someone commends them for it? As if they're too cool for praises or what-not. Whatever, bruh, watevs!


Got anything else to add?



Photo Credits:
http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hercampus.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Ffull_width_embed%2Fpublic%2F2012%2F12%2F03%2Fpet-peeves-spell-it-right-one-time-demotivational-posters-1310519839.jpg%253Fitok%253DQKF1KH0c&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hercampus.com%2Fschool%2Fbc%2Fhc-bcs-pet-peeves&h=537&w=620&tbnid=m9mnIPr8qfdu8M%3A&zoom=1&docid=DoQ06LLipTIsvM&ei=zl9XVPfJNoie8QXF8YHYBA&tbm=isch&ved=0CH0QMyhDMEM&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=319&page=4&start=55&ndsp=23

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha damn! I can't stop laughing at this. That's why I'm never around facebook anymore, people are so annoying over there. Among the ones you mentioned, what I hated most were the misspellings/wrong grammar, the never ending selfies, and the babies.
    I could also add the "private conversation posted publicly" statuses, especially prayers. It's really awkward, like I'm eavesdropping even when I don't want to.
    That's why blogs rock! :) Our audience have an option to read our posts or not. And if they didn't like what we've written, well, it's their fault they've come over, we didn't force the posts on them anyway. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new header by the way. Looks really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Do! Nice to hear from you! I'm glad you like my post. FB's crazy, better stay away to minimize headaches. On the flip side, it can be a form of entertainment (of some sort.) I'm sure there are so many more to add to our list..lol And yeah, blogging rocks! \m/,

    Thanks for liking my header (pardon the narci-mode.) I actually referred to your blog for reference (layout). hihihi

    ReplyDelete