Thursday, November 6, 2014

So I Finally Got to Appreciate Google Sketchup


All rights reserved. (Google Sketchup 2013/Vray 2.0/Post-process: Adobe Photoshop)

At last! I got the hang of using Google Sketchup! Being a 3D Studio Max user for almost 6 years, Sketchup was not a walk in the park for me. Although its interface is much simpler than other 3d modeling softwares, I had to say that I struggled while learning it and my patience was definitely waning with every crash and 'Not Responding' message I got. Good thing there are many available tutorials on Google that I found exceptionally useful.



There's this one site in particular  that I'm so grateful for (http://www.sketchuptexture.com/) It's like finding a treasure chest... you can download the scenes along with their vray settings (visopt) without having to break a sweat! and the best part is, they are all for free!


Also, I downloaded this plugin: Vray Tools (so you can set-up the actual frame for rendering).

See the rendering frame?

I also learned how to manipulate the Alpha Channels in Photoshop to place the background/sky.



Here are my interior renderings:

Living Area
Breakfast Nook/ Bar
Dining Area


Kitchen
Master Bedroom


I enjoyed setting up the lightings in my interiors. They are a lot easier to manipulate in Sketchup than in 3D Studio Max from my experience.

I can't wait to explore it more!


No comments:

Post a Comment