Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Realization 2.0


I found this picture on Instagram some weeks ago, I never thought I'd actually use it. This somehow summarizes everything I am going through. Luckily, I have snapped back into reality. I guess I just needed to see what I saw so that I'd stop wallowing in this misery. It felt like a glass of ice cold water being dumped on someone's head, or that dreaded cold shower you take in the morning. Perhaps, a gust of electric shock when you accidentally touch an electronic that's grounded. The voltage, though, is not much, not enough to kill you, but just enough to make you jump and shriek for a few seconds.







In my almost 29 years of existence, I came to realize that everything has its season. Just like the trees need to shed their leaves to make way for spring, an average person like myself needs to experience such things, some awful, some wonderful, in order for me to grow and make way for something better.

The cliche is true, after all. You don't know what you've got till its gone. But in my case, I knew what I had. I was just not prepared that I'd lose it this soon. Still, I'd like to think that I have no regrets. That 5 or 10 years from now, I'd still think about that person and smile. She was a good friend, and I hope, I was, too, to her. It's just things got a little out of hand. Just like a pot of plant, when left unattended and unwatered, eventually it will die. Just like any friendship.

It's just so sad that this turned out to be this way. I guess I have no other choice but to accept this. That some things are not meant to last. That some people you meet are merely characters in a chapter of your own book. As a new page unfolds, you begin to understand what their roles to your life are. No matter how painful it is at the beginning.


I miss you. Not for anything else, all romantic feelings aside.



Please take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment