Monday, December 9, 2013

Stubborn is My Middle Name




Obstinate. Unrelenting. Unshakable.

Those are just some words that are synonymous to my name. Yep. Ask anyone who knows me for at least two years tops. Well, some who even just met me could say that as well. I'm not proud of it, nor am I wavering my bragging rights over it. It's just who I am.

In other words, matigas ang ulo ko. Ask my mother. We often get into arguments because of it, especially when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I don't answer back or anything. In fact, I just keep silent the whole time (or until I have gotten over whatever it was), sometimes giving them the cold shoulder.



The last time I was like this was when my sister was about to marry (back in 2008). I think it was the worst episode I ever had, to the point that my sister cried because of my stubbornness. My mother even tried several 'tactics' as I call them. In the end, I still gave in because I felt guilty having brought my sister to tears.

I am having some bouts of my, err, bad side these days. Especially when I am forced to do something or be with someone (/people) that I did not want to in the first place. When people think that I am NOT serious, where in fact, I am dead serious.

I know I can be difficult sometimes. I push people's patience to the limit. Heck, I am not liking myself whenever I'm like this. But try as I may, this is just who I am...and if anyone can not deal with that, then I'm sorry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment