Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Moon and Money

Took a picture of the receipt while walking
back to our office at noon

When I was a child (maybe 4 or 5 years old,) I remember I was taught by one of my Titas to reach out my hand to the Moon and utter these seemingly magical words especially when I see it is fully round and yellow:

"Moon, give me money, Moon..."

Lo and behold! Those magic words seem to work, fast track 23 years! Thanks to my "Moon," my ate, Lia.








Money has been an issue for me (or the lack of it) especially that time of month when bills pile up, groceries that need to be replenished, and just getting by every day with whatever amount that's left before the next sweldo. Living independently in Manila for about a year and 7 months was not at all I expected it to be, nor it dawned on my wildest imaginations. I still continuously send an "SOS" to Daddie or Mommie when times get rough. Maybe I still need to learn to control my finances, though there are times that even if I try to spend within a budget, it's just still isn't enough.

One fateful Sunday though, I received a call from one of my sisters (our eldest) asking if she could send money through LBC, and of course I said "Yes!" How timely, I thought at that time, because the cash in my wallet could barely get me through the weekends.

It was one of those moments that I am grateful and thankful for, that even without us asking, God clearly provides. Sometimes, through generous sisters- full moon or otherwise.






2 comments:

  1. I should really try that sometime. lol. I've never thought of the moon that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it do, it really works! (Parang Colgate commercial lang..hehe)

    ReplyDelete