Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons.... Make Lemon Water


Photo Credit: http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/05/lemon-water-with-fresh-mint.html

I have just started a new regimen. As I was browsing through the Internet for the recipe, turns out it has a name, and it's called Sassy Water. It's an infusion of water, lemon, cucumber, mint leaves, and ginger. I have been drinking the concoction since Saturday, and I have to say, it proves to be working, just as the articles I've read claim.



Detox. Call it a fad, call it a "pauso," but I think anything beneficial to one's health is worth giving a try. Especially when you're like me who has a pretty much sedentary lifestyle. Sitting in front of the computer for 10 hours a day, 5 times a week. The only exercise I have is when getting water from the office water dispenser (which is 15 steps away!) or when I'd insist on walking from our office to the South Terminal where I ride the jeepney (/multicab) to my apartment. On weekends, all I do is lay down and roll on my bed and try to catch some Zzzzz's as much as I can, because that's the only time I actually can. On the other hand, I don't know if doing my laundry can be considered a workout? Lol.

To make matters worse, my office is located in a mall complex. And yeah, well, fast foods are literally everywhere! I know, I know. It takes a lot of discipline to resist eating junk food, but I guess it's alright to indulge once in a while. The proximity and getting sick of canteen food are some of the main culprits for my "rotundity," plus, er, well, my being a slob!

So today, I am planning to make a change. A change of lifestyle, perhaps? My birthday is coming up (a month from now) and I want to make it as my "birthday resolution." In fact, make that, resolutions! To wit:

                     1. Eat right!
                     3. Exercise!
                     4. Eliminate soft drinks (!!!)

Seems simple enough, but I'm sure it won't be easy. But with discipline, perseverance and with God's grace, I know I can do it.

So keep posted and I'll be living proof if this detox-thing really works.

Don't worry, though, I won't pull an Anne Curtis- thing anytime soon! ^-^






1 comment:

  1. Lol! I saw Anne's pic before I got to the last line, and I was wondering where the post is headed. Hehehe.

    That pitcher of sassy water looks delicious, I'm trying to imagine the taste. Based on the ingredients, sounds refreshing. My detox regimen is mostly pulpy orange juice or pulpy four seasons and some salads every now and then. I don't know if those are legit detox foods, I just feel that they help cleanse my systems. :D

    Hurray for healthy living! {somewhat}

    ReplyDelete