Monday, March 31, 2014

Erewhile

Strangers we are now
Invisible
As if our memories never mattered
Our memories were all, but, memories
Lost in time, forgotten perhaps
Almost two years of building something up
rubbles in a split second
Friendship I thought was for keeps,
I guess I was wrong.
Too good to be true or too blinded by the lies.

Your gaze, your nonchalance
As if I was nothing, worthless
All the while I poured my everything
I gave my all
Well, I know it's my fault, clearly, unfortunately.
Like broken glass, broken strings of an old guitar
It still plays
but not the same tune anymore,
not the same sound
Nothing's ever gonna be the same.

Your voice
your sweet voice that used to calm me
Now it irks me, like a siren in the middle of the night
unwelcoming, unsoothing
Disrupting my peaceful slumber
jolting me to oblivion

Your laugh
that angelic laughter that melts my very core,
now leaves me reaching for my earplugs
Volumes raised,
trying to drown the noise in whatever's playing

What used to inspire me,
now throws me off course
I hate it
Such a sad fate
How sad
How really really sad.


032814/ 1:35pm

No comments:

Post a Comment