Sunday, August 9, 2015

3-month Hiatus



Sooooooo..... have I been THAT busy that I have not posted anything for three whole months?!?! Nor have I even had the time to visit my own blog! Whoah! I guess it's time for me to slow down a bit before I go berserk with all these busy-ness!

To keep things up to date, these are the stuff that have kept me busy (and sleepless!) for the past months...
(writing this blog while waiting for my sketchup render to finish-- that kind of busy- busy)



1st Month- Structural Phase


1. Architect/ Owner/ Construction Manager/ Purchaser, etc....

Our new house construction in Justina Village, Putik, broke ground last June 21. We, well I, decided to hire Rick T. to be our contractor for the house (the one who did the finishing works on Tita Neneng's house in Mercedes.) My uncle even suggested to hire my former professor in college (his close friend) to construct the house, I strongly declined since it would be too awkward to boss him around- me being the architect AND owner. Plus, I did not want him commenting/ correcting my design, since he was my FIRST DESIGN teacher after all.  Spell A-W-K-W-A-R-D!

It's our 2nd month on August 22. So far we are right on schedule, despite the fact that it's already rainy season. They already put up the walls and partitions on the ground floor. The L-shaped stairs are also already in place. Hopefully,by next week, we could pour out the 2nd floor when the steel decking I ordered comes. (I do the purchasing of materials and labor is c/o the contractor.)


My twin nephews- Maleeq and Keyaan playing architect and engineer on site





































Some people have been commenting that their work is fast (despite the limited budget, Pag-ibig hasn't released the loan yet)... that's definitely a good thing since we are on a tight schedule. I need to finish the house before I leave for Oz in January (God-willing)... and I could also help out with the packing when we finally move out from our humble abode in Guiwan.

Though it is a bit tiresome to drive to several hardwares in a day to purchase materials, I am actually enjoying it. This will also be a good time to familiarize and get to know some suppliers personally (also, my driving skills are enhanced.) I am thinking of putting up my own office when I come back, so now is the best time for me to build bridges.





2. Licensed Master Plumber

I passed the board exam for master plumbers last July 29! Yey! I felt so relieved (more than happy) that I passed, because honestly, I was not too confident that I would make it (F.U. plumbing arithmetic, F.U.) I only decided to take the exam a month before the deadline of applications, although I have been putting it off for about two years now. I decided to take the plunge anyway thinking that by the time I get back, we (architects) won't be allowed to take the boards anymore.. so might as well take my chance, and go for it!


Mommie booked my tickets for Manila (July 25-29), and I stayed at Dur's condo in Sta. Ana for 3 days. I moved to MeAnne's apartment after the exam so I can meet up with some of my friends in SM, and it was also closer to the airport.


My hunky hosts and yummy chefs, Dur and Jay (excuse my messy hair after day 1) #haggardoversoza





Pictorial at the condo's roof deck (backdrop: Manila) #datinggawe


The day I arrived in Manila (July 25,Saturday), I headed straight to PRC Manila to check my room assignment and visit my exam venue, Mary Chiles College in Gastambide. Good thing it was just walking distance from PRC, so I just used the Maps App in my cellphone to get there (even got lost at some point.)

What happened next was, I believe, a divine intervention. After checking the location of my exam venue, I began walking around Recto to find a cab to go back to the condo. It was about 4 p.m. Thinking that I might get stuck in traffic, I decided to grab a bite at McDo Recto cor. Legarda instead. It was always full of students since it was near U-belt. No available tables in sight, I headed straight to the door when someone called my name. "pssst.... Arei?" It was Aurine. A close friend of my sister, Jankie. Happy that I can finally eat (lol), I shared a table with her while we filled our tummies with greasy food (yum.)

Aurine mentioned that San Sebastian Church was just at the other block, and I said I wanted to visit it. Honestly, I only wanted to take pictures to post in my Ig. But I guess, God has other plans. We lighted some candles at the stand, but could not get inside because there was a wedding going on.


San Sebastian Church


After that, she suggested that I go to St. Jude Church (popular to exam takers) to pray. I somehow felt embarrassed that I haven't thought about it on my own. She finally decided to accompany me, then we walked along the busy streets of Manila- hustling and bustling with cars, jeepneys, and dodged some college students along the way.

I felt happy and at peace that I was able to visit these churches and light some candles for the board exam.
I just surrendered everything, and I left it all up to Him.


Exam Day 1

I woke up around 4 a.m. As usual, Mommie (my trusty "alarm clock") called me up to check whether I was already awake and getting ready. I needed to be at the venue by 6:30. I quickly grabbed something to eat at a nearby 7/11 and rode a taxi to my destination.

Being mindful of the time, I asked the driver if we could go to a drive-thru so I can buy my food for lunch (I didn't want to go out of the school during exams.) I reached the school at around 6 a.m., there were already quite a number of white polo-clad anxious faces scattered around the premises of the school. At about 6:30, we were allowed to go inside our respective room assignments.


Time check: 5:30 a.m. On my way to the exam venue


It was not the same feeling as it was my first time to take the boards. I had too many embarrassing moments during my arki board exams that are too, well, embarrassing to mention. This time, I was relaxed, awake (for the most part) and that feeling of, "here we gooo..."/ "bahala na.."

Thank God I passed. I don't know what I would do if I failed, to be honest. God is just so good.

(More on this on another post, I guess.)

Anyhoo, more pictures from my Manila trip!

Yakimix Dinner with SM Buddies: Clockwise: MeAnne, (me), Phoebus, Ching, Micmic

I love em sushis! Cravings 100% satisfied!



With food trip buddies Ching & Phoebus @ 8cuts Burger and Blends, MOA



My last night in Manila with college superfriends- Dur & Roel (plus MeAnne) at Simple Lang, Ayala Triangle, Makati



3. COC!

 Yep! I've officially joined the bandwagon. lols... not that it's a bad thing... (or is it?) but it is definitely addicting! I had to snap myself back into reality quite a number of times when I was reviewing for the boards. Well, good thing it turned out okay... just as when I was preparing for the arki board exam, I was addicted with Plants vs. Zombies then. The thing is, playing Clash of Clans can be frustrating and annoying sometimes, especially when my OCD (plus the fact that I'm architecturally inclined =)) made me change the layout of my base camp several times, until I finally found something that I could be happy with.

At least for now.....

This was how my base camp looked like while I was in Manila for 5 days...



4. Projects!

I am so thankful for the blessings I am receiving right now. Sure, I am mostly sleep-deprived for most days, but it is only a small price to pay for starting out in this business. Currently, aside from our new house construction (#projectdreamhouse), I will start renovation of one of my high school classmate's house on Monday. I am also designing (currently rendering...) a nails and spa; and cellphone store at KCC de Zamboanga, while some others that have not fully closed deals yet. I also did some projects of my contractor's clients. I am grateful that I have enough resources to purchase a Bosch laser meter, my pocket money for Manila, pay Mommie for the Asus Netbook I loaned her, and buy a watch for myself (gift to self for passing the board exam.) I'm praying that I will be able to finish all these projects successfully, and hopefully to have a solid client base when I come back.


Ocular inspection with my cousin/apprentice, Deniene, at KCC de Zamboanga


So those are just some of the things that have been eating up my time and energy, but I am not complaining! I pray that everything will go as planned, for good health and for wisdom.



#itssogoodtobeback #whyamiusinghashtags

No comments:

Post a Comment